Monday, November 27, 2006

pretty pictures from around the country

Here are just some more pretty pictures of Albania I thought I'd share. Enjoy. :-)


The lovely Southern Ionian Coastline.


The castle in Gjirokaster, one of the towns I am focusing in. The old part of the town is a UNESCO World Heritage City.

The Ethnographic Museum in Berat, the other town that I am focusing on. Berat should also become a UNESCO World Heritage City next summer.

My favorite picture to date. Farmhouses near Thethi, in the northern Albanian Alps.


Mt. Korabi, the highest point in Albania, on the Albanian-Macedonian border. It is over 2750m high, seen from approx. 70 km away.

2 Comments:

Blogger Adela_Radu said...

Gorgeous pictures! Can't wait to hear more about your work in my country.

Cheers,

Adela

4:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awesome pictures.

We albanians abroad (I am in the US), love to read what foreigners think about the country, especially when they live there for a while.

4:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home